Monday, October 09, 2006

And so it begins...

There are days, like today, I wonder why I even bother trying to be social and more importantly to seek out companionship. I want to experience life with someone, sure. But it seems like girls my age aren't interested in long term relationships. Well, ok. But don't lead me on. I am ready at this time of my life, to be with someone, to go through hardships together, to go through hapiness together. Even if it is only a good friend. I can find these easy enough of the internet on a game called Second Life. Sure there are some great friends there, and some great loves. But it all ends as soon as you hit exit. How does one find someone to extend their love past a screen, and in to real life?

More importantly, I suppose, is how do you get yourself back in to normal society after being a hermit for 5+ years? How does one go from being a social recluse into getting back into society? I am not sure about church, as I have had bad experiences with the religion I was brought up, but yet that seems to be the only place here in Utah to socialize. There are friends on Second Life, the Rock n Games radio gang, that I wouldn't mind hanging out with in real life. How does one meet those kind of people in a place where the major dances seem to be the General Conferance dance? I want the piercings, I want the tatto, I want the metal and rock scene. Yeah, as I write I realize I may just want friends right now. But how does one go about doing that?

-Dueling Banjo