Monday, November 06, 2006

New Beginnings

So, for the first time in a year I have a mostly clean room. It felt good to be able to walk around the room without hopping and skipping over clothes, or books, or who knows what else. Even got my futon to fold up into a couch, haven't done that in God knows how long. Going to keep it clean for as long as possible this time. I want to work on improving my life, and this is just one step. I am also getting ready for vocational rehab. I hope they will be able to help me somehow. I want to be independent within the next few years.

Well, I am still trying dating. Hope to get a date soon, but living with social anxiety is not easy when it comes to socializing. I have a hard time being out with people, I have no idea how I would be on a date. Well, maybe I will start heading to local bands and bar hopping to deal with it. Local bands would be better, it just seems that girls are always there with there boyfriends, so while I enjoy the music, it makes it kind of hard to find someone. Well, there is always internet dating, I am sure I can find the right person somehow, though truth be told, I am not sure a relationship is what I am after right now. I am after friends, though I certainly wouldn't complain if I was able to find someone special. And here is the kicker, I get along with women a whole lot better then guys, so I am hoping to find a friend/significant other in one.

On lovingyou.com http://www.lovingyou.com there are a bunch of people complaining about being the only friend catagory, but at the moment, I wouldn't mind that either.

On that note, there are things you take for granted every day, and I am realizing this more and more. For instance, most people take for granted socializing, but there are those of us, that it is a nightmare and it is the only thing on our mind because it causes us so much grief. It isn't that we want don't want to be social, it is more like it is a fear of being social. But there are lots of things I take for granted as well, such as sight, and loving friends/family. There are people who don't have those in their life, and I don't know how I would do with that.