Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving 2006

It is Thanksgiving again, and there is a lot in my life I am thankful for. Some good, some bad. But I am thankful for it all anyhoo.

First as always, I am thankful for my family. They mean the world to me, and though we sometimes argue, there never seems to be anything we can't put aside, or work through, and at the end of the day, or month, or year, still love each other. This point was made clear to me, yet again, by a friend of mine, who I am hoping to become close to. She was invited to a guys family thanksgiving. Apparently at this get together, no less than 4 fights broke out. Makes me realize how lucky I am to have a family, that can by and large remain calm, and talk things out and actually see each others points of views. Sure, we rib each other a lot. But in our family, it simply means you are loved. Nothing is meant to hurt, and usually it doesn't, and if it does, we can apologize it, discuss it, and move on. I wouldn't trade my family for anything in the world.

Grandma, although you are gone, I am thankful for what you have given me with your passing from this world. Not only are you now not in pain, or suffering anymore, but you have given me the greatest gift anyone has ever given me in my life. You have given me a chance to push forward with my life, your passing, weather it was meant to or not, gave me the courage to push on with my life. I feel as though when you passed on, that you become my guardian angel, and that you are a part of me now, fighting my battles with me, and giving me the courage to push on. I will never forgot this gift. You will always remain in my heart.

Second, I am thankful for the friends I have. It doesn't matter if I am just online friends, or if I know them in real life. We have a good time, and can yet again tease each other in love and respect. We have arguments, but I have never really lost a friend over something serious. This includes the RNG crowd on Second Life - Queenie, Nog, Sly, Chryss, Daph, Fly, Nib, Paca, DoC, and Cordell. These guys mean a lot to me, and though I am still increadably shy around them, and only make the odd comment, I feel like I am one of the gang. Now, there are two people I left out, and that is my SL sister Lisbeth, and my SL love, Jessica. They are like family to me, and kind of qualify as being family. They have seen me through rough times, and have even given me the best advice I can ever get.