Tuesday, January 09, 2007

PostSecret: Staying sane in an insane world

The more shit that hits the fan, the more I realise I am not sane.

Why do I start off that way? Because things haven't been going the greatest, and I realise more and more, that I am not as sane as I thought. So how am I holding on to any part of reality? I found a site, or rather a blog, a long time ago that helps me realise that my feelings, and thoughts aren't that off the beaten track. There are people out there that more or less go through what I go through, or think, or feel. This blog is PostSecret. You can find it at

http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

These people are real people (supposedly) that make postcards about their inner most thoughts, feelings, secrets. I read it weekly when it updates on sunday, because it makes me know that I am not alone. For music fans, it may be of interest that the All American Rejects had a song/video portraying postcards from this site. Well, this is where it started. There are books now that features all of them, with a new on coming out.

Yeah, this sounded like an ad, but it does help me feel not alone, or out of touch. Now if only I could get a hold of myself and my emotions...

Labels: , ,